Monday 7 March 2011

Exploding Cutting Discs

No Floors!

Last week was eventful, other than the exploding cutting disc, I got a bit down ready for the new floors. The left floor pan arrived and was completely different from the right one even though both were supposed to be for years after 72. I thought I could just put it in but this would cause problems when it comes to fabricating the seat mounts so I decided to order a matching one from the same supplier.

Seat mount removed
First thing with these floor pans was to remove the seat mounts and rear cross members by drilling out the spot welds, this left some hole which I had to patch up with weld. once that was done for both sides I cut out the left floor pan which was just as much a mess as the right although the heater channel bottom plate is in pretty good condition.
Holes patch up

On the left side the was a patch in the cross member, I cut this off and discovered a bit hole of rotted metal, this one is going to be complicated to sort out because I will need to cut into the inner arch reinforcement panel.

So tonight I finished preparing the right floor pan and after some messing with the gasket managed to get it in and put a few tack welds down. This should be full welded in be the end of the week.
Floor in!
Bit of a mess

No comments:

Post a Comment