Tuesday 29 March 2011

Flaming Car

Bug Spray
Just a quick update today and a couple of photos. I spent all day Saturday grinding away at the rear passenger side cross member and rear reinforcement area. One of Paul's neighbours came over a presented me with a pack of 5 metal grinding discs which are most appreciated with the amount of grinding et to come. On Saturday I also welded in the new reinforcement panel which was pretty straight forward.

Reinforcement Panel Welded In


Tonight I did a little more grinding to the hole in the boot at the rear cross member and began to weld this hole up. I decided not to buy the panel for this but carefully plate it instead. all the over laps will be welded both sides one this is complete. its not the most Ideal be a lot better than it was. While on the out side I cleaned up the rear arch bolt line which need some cleaning up. in the Ideal world it would have a new rear quarter but to complicated for me and the time I have. There is a still a bit more cleaning up to do but the wire spool ran out and couldn't be bothered changing it so I'll restart tomorrow night. Also I'm going through Gas like nothing else, I think maybe I should have Invested in a large bottle.

Filling The Hole
I did originally want this complete by Blackpool Breeze but due to cash flow I've realised that It won't be back on the road for at least 12 months. Although it is frustrating not been able to driver her, I know that the extra time means a can take longer on each part and make sure it is done properly.

No comments:

Post a Comment