Monday 27 June 2011

New Skin

The blog entry's are starting slow down now, I've not lost interest, just not lots to report as its come to a bit of a hold now. The budget for this build has gone out the window since I decided to do a proper rebuild on the engine so Blackpool Breeze is looking like a no go for now. My plan is to get the shell sealed with a shiny paint job, brakes sorted, electrics in and the head liner fitted before the nights get dark early. That way the last job is the wheel refurbishment and engine rebuild which can be done over winter.

Any way the rolling shell went to the old TVR factory for a new paint job on Saturday, exciting times. Me and Paul stripped out the windows head liners and wiring on Friday night ready to go. I still need to get the wiring out at the back where it feeds through to the engine bay, it is stuck in with expanding foam and a special too in the form of a threaded bar to mash it out is required. Now it is at this stage, when people ask me how the project is going, I can say with a smile that it is going well rather than depressingly tell them its doing my head it. There will be photo's posted up over the next few weeks as the body work and paint progresses. So for now here is a photo of it in the paint shop.


No comments:

Post a Comment