Saturday 12 February 2011

Bad Head



Well I was at Fleetwood beer festival last night and woke up with a bad head, probably not the best day to start cutting and grinding! All I could taste all day was the 6%, 7.5% and 10.5% cider me and Terry were on last night, I also was meant to be helping Martin shift some furniture at 9am but didn't wake up till 11, sorry Martin.


Spot Welds drilled out ready for the new panel to be plug welded in
Anyway I think it was a good day, didn't get loads done but I'm happy with what was done. On Wednesday night I cut the front valence off and cut out the spare wheel well. Cutting this out I noticed that the bumper hangers were looking dodgy so after a tap with a happer a load of rust fell out and I discovered a ball of masking tape filling a hole and painted over! On the other side there was a silicone type mass filling holes, also painted over! I've decided that it would be best to replace the bumper hangers, this worried be at first but I've been read How to Restore Volkswagen Beetle (http://www.amazon.co.uk/Restore-Volkswagen-Beetle-Enthusiasts-Restoration/dp/1903706904) which shows a way to do this so I feel a bit better about it now.

So today I've been cutting out bits of rot and drilling out spot welds to fit the new spare wheel well panel and and test fitted it. I found that this, as with most repair panels, was a bit tight so there was a bit of fettling to get it right. Hope fully I should be back on it tomorrow and maybe get some panels welded in place.

No comments:

Post a Comment