Tuesday 1 February 2011

Filler and Coke cans


Last week have been frustrating and interesting. I've been waiting for panels and a welding rig so not been able to get on with it. While I've been waiting, I've taken a few more bits off her and cut out all the redundant stereo wires. Speaking of which, I don't know much about ICE but some of the thing the way it was wired was a bit questionable and explained why it didn't seem to be right and melted the power cable! Mr.Carlsson will be sorting that out for me this time.

I attacked the drivers side door sill with a wire brush on a grinder and discover more holes along it hidden by lumps of rust and filler! It was a similar story when I has brushing paint of the floor pan bolts, more holes along the edge. Seems paint and filler were hiding rust and holes.




Making the first floor pan cut under the heater channel made a hole at the jacking point lot bigger by flicking out lumps of rust. One scary thing though is the weld on the seat frame were starting to rust through! Finally I decided it would be best to replace the whole floor pan half when I put a screw driver through the front end when scrapping the paint off with not a lot of effort. Luckily though a haven't (yet) found and coke can fillerd in like you hear about.




I also go the exhaust off to have a look at the rear bumper hanger, it looks like the rot goes beyond the size of a standard repair panel so look like I'll have to make a repair section rather than spend £55 for a full inner arch to use a fraction of it. The drivers side seems to be the worst, I'm from where it has bee parked most its life and spray from on coming vehicles.


The welder turns up tomorrow so things can get moving so it's going to be a busy couple of week. Also 1 day to go on the colour pole. so far it about 90% lime green so I best get to Martin Brown for some colour chips!

No comments:

Post a Comment