Tuesday 22 February 2011

Burnt Hair

New Bottom Plate
Not updated for a while as I left my camera at the garage and not a lot has happened. Anyway, last week I cut out the bottom plate, before his I measured the cap nuts for the floor pan bolts so I could align the new panel up correctly. I offered up the new panel and bolted it through to the only good original cap nut, clamped it, adjusted the bolt positions and tack welded it in place. Last week I also chipped the last of the floor pan (not much fun!) off the chassis edge and started to clean it up ready for the new pan.

Bottom plate welded in
Last night I spend a few loud and boring hours grind, cutting and checking the fit of the new floor pan, one problem I discover was none of the holes aligned up with he cap nuts in the bottom plate, this didn't really bother me as repair panels never seem to be 100% correct. Today I saw Jason who was visiting from Cornwall and he suggested that I elongate the hole as he has done in the past. I made the hole only slightly bigger and this solved this one.







Floor pan test fitted

Tonight I also welded up the bottom plate, got a few more bits to do on that and clean up with a bit of grinding so its almost there. I've got to do a bit of a repair to the end of the floor pan rear cross member but once that is done all is left to do on the driver (RH) floor is a bit of red oxide and weld in the new pan.

No comments:

Post a Comment