Thursday 28 April 2011

Deep Cuts

Bolted up for a test fit
Last night I was in the pub and notice cuts all over my hands and arms I looked like I was self harming! I did it again today, a sharp edge of plate cut through my crappy B&Q gloves and gave me a pretty nasty slice. After I some time I managed to stop it bleeding and I could get on with things.

Back End Gone!
Another angle just incase












I've been messing with the back end, firstly I chopped out the rotten bumper hangers and some of my finger. I then bolted up the new panels, wings and rear valence. The original plan was to make the rear valence a bolt up panel, but it doesn't fit straight in and requires a bit of jiggling and the likelihood is that it will get scratched when I remove this so I've decided to weld it on. I had a look at what adjustments I need to do to the new panels and then in bolted every thing.

New Beam
All preped up












I then got a phone call from work to tell me I had a package arrive at the office, great, this would be the new narrowed beam! So after I picked up the large very heavy box I went back the Paul's garage where I was greeted with a piece of chocolate cake. I spent the next hour or so grinding, cleaning and preping the original metal ready for the new panels.

Once that was done I bolted every thing back up again and that was as far as I got, well all I could be bothered doing although it did take most the day. Next trip should be Saturday and start aligning the panels amd tacking them up. After this the next job is to pull out the gear box, I'll leave the rear valence off while I do this to give me a bit more room.

No comments:

Post a Comment