Saturday 16 April 2011

Downs and ups

So last Mondays post I had the front bumper hangers welded on the the spare wheel well. The next day I fully welded in one side which was slow as I was pretty tired but got it done. when I got home I was so tired and on a bit of a downer thinking about how I'm going make the rear bumper hangers fit, thinking about it the next day made it worse so I had a night off.  
Bad alighnment

Thursday I was back on the job and the break was good, I got the second front bumper hanger trimmed down and after some fettling I welded it up. The panels are ok but a bit over sized at the bottom of the inner wing so I had to cut a 'V' and hammer the rolled lip in an add a bit of a filler piece.
Finished panel with the panel realigned
Both sides done














Once done I offered up the front panel and decided it was time to weld it on, although I did forget to drill a hole to screw on the linkage cover plate which, Ironically, was the one thing concious that I needed to do while working on the front!  Over all I happy with results and just need to do a little bit more grinding. I've got a day of grinding and finishing planned on my week off at the end of the month.

Front End Done!
Today is Saturday and Michelle  ditched me to go to Liverpool for they day so I went to speak to some one about spraying my car and it's looking like he can do it in July with a turn around of around a week so things are moving forward and It may be on the road for the Blackpool Breeze! I also need a new fibre glass wing on the front as one is deformed, I spoke to day mouldings and they quoted that I would have one by October! The sprayer said he can paint that one later on so I will just stick with the deformed one for now.

Also today I cut off part of the rear valence and I dropped the oil out of the engine and then pulled it out. This was much easier and a single person job this way so the rear valence will be a bolt off job.
Things are looking up and I feel better about it now than what I did on Wednesday and plan to get the rear end boxed next week, then all that's left on the welding is a big of a tidy up and fabricate the seat mounts.

No comments:

Post a Comment